Can I be really real with you right now? My flat is the least festive looking home at the moment. You see, I’m preparing to move, whilst having a wedding invitations production line going on my living room floor. Decorating my flat for Christmas really has been on the back burner this year!

I’ve been thinking about ways to give my flat a subtle hint of Christmas, as I just don’t have the time nor the bits ‘n’ bobs to make it look all out festive. There are some great ornaments for decorations in the shops right now – and the best thing is they’ve already started to be reduced!

Festive ornaments

Fatface have some great ornaments to give the hint of Christmas and I was lucky enough to be sent some recently. I particularly love their little snow house ornaments, which would be great on a Christmas tree or even just placed ontop of a mantlepiece. They also have some lovely hanging hearts and stars (I already have a few of these hanging in my flat!), which make a very easy decor piece. You can hang them on your windows or door handles and they look fab!

Fatface ornaments

As well as Fatface, if you live near a George at Asda store then definitely pop in. I saw they had a lot of their Christmas decor reduced in price and they have such a wide range I’m sure you’ll find something to suit your style.

Candles aren’t exactly ornaments but some can look great on display. I’d suggest a great Christmas candle. I love three wick candles from Bath and Body Works, but as those are difficult to find in the UK (although I have found them here) I’d recommend Yankee candles.

Bath and bodyworks vanilla snowflake candle

Festive foods

Alongside ornaments, having some festive food at home definitely adds that ‘Christmassy’ touch to your home. I’ll admit it and say that I do have a box of mince pies opened on the kitchen side already. I also popped into my local M&S food store and picked up their gingerbread house kit to build at home (here’s a similar one from Waitrose). It was only £5 too, which is great! Oh and I was recently sent some Fatface chocolate Brussel sprouts, which were surprisingly very tasty!

Festive kitchenware

I’m on the hunt for a really good Christmas mug. I remember seeing one in Asda which I may pick up, but there are also plenty of options online (this one caught my eye!). I also picked up a gorgeous silver sparkly travel cup from Starbucks for £12 recently. Last year they released a gold version, which I also bought!

Another way to get festive kitchenware is get a good festive kitchen apron such as this one or even some festive placemats like these.

All in all it’s quite simple to add some subtle Christmas touches to your home. Have you gone all out this Christmas or kept it subtle this year? Let me know below!

For more Christmas ideas check out this post here!

Speak soon,

Vicky x

1. December 16, 2017 / 4:34 pm

I have gone way over the top ( for me !) this Christmas . I normally don’t do too much but this Christmas we have a lot to celebrate and be thankful for. Having said that , I love your post and ideas ! This is the time of year to get some fabulous Christmas bits and pieces at next to nothing , price wise ! I have never heard of Fatface until now !I’m off to look them up !

• December 17, 2017 / 2:48 pm

Fatface are great! Next year I may be going all out as I’ll be married and it’ll be our first Christmas as a married couple! X

2. December 16, 2017 / 9:17 pm

We’ve just moved so we’ve chucked up the stuff we have but I need to get new stuff for next year as it really isn’t working here. Husband did convince me to get a real tree for the first time ever and it does look really lovely.

• December 17, 2017 / 2:47 pm

I definitely would love to get a real tree next year! X

3. December 17, 2017 / 8:28 am

I can totally see how Christmas decorating would take a back seat when you’re wedding planning! I think a candle and some small ornaments around the fire can go a long way towards making a place a little more festive!

• December 17, 2017 / 2:49 pm

It certainly has! I love candles all year round but during Christmas they add that special touch! X

4. December 17, 2017 / 10:27 am

I love little festive touches as oppsed to full on christmased home xx love the items you bought x

• December 17, 2017 / 2:49 pm

5. December 17, 2017 / 12:23 pm

I love this. I love the ideal of a muted Christmas theming in my home this year. I do like a nice snow globe x

• December 17, 2017 / 2:50 pm

I think subtle works so well! Thanks lovely! X

6. December 17, 2017 / 9:59 pm

We went all out with the Christmas decor this year. We usually hardly ever decorate.

• December 17, 2017 / 10:04 pm

I’ll go all out next year!

7. December 18, 2017 / 8:17 am

You have so much going on! I would never have thought of Fat Face for Christmas decorations, but they look really lovely, so my style too

8. December 18, 2017 / 9:16 am

My flat is looking the most festive it ever has but that’s because I have a 7ft Christmas tree this year. But I do think candles and a few decorations can look lovely x

9. December 18, 2017 / 9:33 am

I’m loving the Asda Christmas range this year. I got my boys some festive bedlinen from there, and the reindeer milk jug for our kitchen.

10. December 18, 2017 / 4:05 pm

It’s lovely to still add some Christmassy touches to your home even if you don’t plan on going all out with the decorations. Festive food is always a winner and I love a good Christmas candle too!

• December 22, 2017 / 8:20 am

Food and candles! Perfect combination lol x

11. December 19, 2017 / 12:16 pm

Some great tips here. We’re living with the in-laws at the moment and they don’t really get festive till the big day so it’s tough trying to get into the Christmas spirit. Def going to pick up a gingerbread house and some other festive foods to get in the spirit. Cx

• December 22, 2017 / 8:19 am

Festive foods are the way to go! X

12. December 22, 2017 / 6:33 pm

I always have a Christmas candle at home at this time of the year. It feels so warm and nice. I like the idea of subtle things like that

• December 25, 2017 / 6:29 pm

Yes subtle is best x

13. January 6, 2018 / 3:04 am

I love that you helped out some new friends this Christmas. It can be such a lonely time, so that’s amazing. Loved reading this. Hope you have a great Christmas! X